Handbook of Pest Management in Organic Farming
- Handbook of Pest Management in Organic Farming
- Vincenzo Vacante and Serge Kreiter
- Plant Sciences
- Cabi Publishing
- This book is an up-to-date and comprehensive reference covering pest management in organic farming in major crops of the world. General introductory chapters explore the management of crops to prevent pest outbreaks, plant protection tools in organic farming, and natural enemies and pest control. The remaining chapters are crop-based and discuss geographic distribution, economic importance and key pests. For each pest the fundamental aspects of its bio-ecology and the various methods of control are presented. Understanding of the scientific content is facilitated with practical advice, tables and diagrams, helping users to apply the theories and recommendations.
<i>Handbook of Pest Management in Organic Farming</i>:
· Consists of rational approaches and advice.
· Is authored by a team of international specialists in pest control.
· Represents the only available comprehensive review of insect pest management in organic systems.
This is an essential resource for researchers and extension workers in crop protection, integrated pest management and biocontrol, and organic farming systems.
- E-ISBN: 9781780645001 ISBN: 9781780644998