Automation in Fruit Tree Production: Principles and Practice
- Automation in Fruit Tree Production: Principles and Practice
- Qin Zhang
- Cabi Publishing
- Automation in agriculture is made possible by the integration of advanced agricultural technology and precision agriculture management. This book, uniquely, will focus on applications of automation to the important industry of tree fruit production.
Written by experts in agricultural automation technology from around the world, chapters in this book cover topics such as automated tree fruit production systems, plant stress sensing and high-throughput phenotyping in precision horticulture, the economics of automation in tree fruit production, light interception sensing systems for canopy management, precision irrigation and water management, precision technologies for pest and disease management, opportunities for the application of robotics in tree fruit production, and the mechanical harvesting and handling of fruit crops.
The book is a representative, concise overview of the variety of technologies currently being applied to tree fruit crops around the world and the challenges faced by engineers and farmers that these technologies raise. It is aimed at researchers and graduate students of agriculture systems, agricultural and biological engineering, crop and soil sciences, horticulture, precision agriculture, and other relevant disciplines. It will also be of use to agriculture consultants, engineers, and other professionals such as agricultural equipment manufacturers and management professionals who use precision agriculture technologies.
- Takes a systematic approach to how to apply precision and automation technologies to fruit production.
- Combines the disciplines of economics, horticulture, and engineering.
- Illustrated by case studies throughout describing actual applications of automation technology.
- E-ISBN: 9781780648514 ISBN: 9781780648507